This website is run by Devon County Council (DCC). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website, and we want this site to be as accessible as possible. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser settings
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen using browser settings
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
If you would like information on our website translated into another language, you may find one of the services listed below meets your needs. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any external website or free website translators.
How accessible is this website?
This website has been developed to be as accessible as possible.
However, we know some parts aren’t fully accessible, including:
- the tools available to businesses on this website: the travel survey and the travel audit
- some PDF containing Travel Devon resources or resources from third parties
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format , please contact us using the contact details at the end of this statement. We will consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact us using the contact details at the end of this statement.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Devon County Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some of our Word documents of templates that a business can download and use to create their own documents aren’t fully accessible. We plan to fix these as soon as possible.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we don’t plan to fix the Cycle parking design guidance. This and other PDFs on this website were designed as print-ready leaflets/brochures, which have been added to the website to supplement online content. We’ve assessed them and believe that they do not provide essential information about the service that isn’t available through other accessible methods.
This website links to third-party, external websites or services that may not be fully accessible.
How we tested this website
This website was tested during its development using:
- accessibility testing development tools like axe and WAVE
- the NVDA screen reader
- the W3C validation service to test code and against web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG)
- a suite of browser-based accessibility reporting tools
- the WebAIM colour contrast tool during the design phase.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Devon County Council provide training to all content authors to ensure new content is accessible. We will review this site regularly, aim to address any issues promptly and update this statement accordingly.
For any enquiries about the accessibility of this website, you can contact us using the details below:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by post at Travel Devon (Lucombe House, AB2), County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 4QD
- British Sign Language users can contact us using an online interpreter who will relay your conversation with an appropriate member of Devon County Council staff, and then sign back to you their response to your questions.
This statement was prepared on 26 March 2020. It was last updated on 22 April 2021.