Guidance and resources for smarter travel
This section of the Travel Devon toolkit is full of all the practical information you need to help you and your colleagues to make smarter travel choices.
Whether that’s getting more of your colleagues cycling to work, including public transport for part of their journey, or understanding how better driving practices can impact our environment, there are plenty of resources available.
You can use this information to develop a comprehensive travel plan for your organisation, or just use a few of our toolkits to promote specific alternative methods to travel – whatever suits your organisation best.
New to travel planning?
We would encourage you to login to your business profile and follow our 3 easy steps to creating your travel plan:
1. Complete a travel audit
This audit gives you an idea of how well your business currently supports sustainable and active travel and it will provide a clear direction on areas to improve.
2. Run a travel survey
Discover how your staff currently travel and what is preventing them from making smarter travel choices.
3. Create a travel plan
Use information from the audit and survey, as well as the resources we offer, to develop an effective travel plan for your organisation.
Short on time? Check out our ‘Top 10 Quick and Easy Ways to Smarter Travel’ toolkit.
Further support and information
Please visit the Travel Devon website for information and resources to help support your individual members of staff to travel smarter, including:
- a free personal travel plan, giving you a number of travel options for a regular journey of your choice and all the information to help you on your way.
- our free adult cycle confidence sessions which provides 2 hours of support from a trained cycling instructor to help you build confidence, gain cycling skills or get tips on routes and more to start cycling on roads or to work.
- a free bus taster ticket to give the bus a go.
For more information or any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to encourage smarter travel to work at your workplace? Devon County Council can offer support* to organisations who want to enable their staff to travel more sustainably and actively. Please get in touch via email@example.com for more information.
*Support offered will depend on availability of funding, COVID-19 restrictions and engagement and commitment of your workplace.
When following our toolkits, please check the government guidance for safer travel.
This page was last updated March 2021.
- Travel Devon website: https://www.traveldevon.info/
- Information on personal travel plans: https://www.traveldevon.info/personal-travel-plans/
- Information on free adult cycle confidence sessions: https://www.traveldevon.info/cycle/cycle-training/adults/
- Information on bus taster tickets: https://www.traveldevon.info/bus/tickets/bus-taster-tickets/